In order to participate in or receive certain Services, you will be required to create an account with us (“Account”), and you may be subject to additional contractual terms and conditions applicable to such Services (“Additional Terms”), which Additional Terms will be accessible to you on the Website or presented to you as Additional Terms when you sign up for or access such Services. Any such Additional Terms shall be incorporated into and form a part of these Terms. Your Account is for your individual, personal use only, and you may not authorize others to use your Account for any purpose. In creating your Account, you certify that all information you provide is complete and accurate. You agree to update your information when required or requested, and you further agree not to use another person’s account without permission. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of and restricting access to, your Account and password, and you agree to accept sole responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account or password. You agree to contact our customer service department immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account or any violation of these Terms by others of which you are aware. You agree that we shall have no liability for any losses, damages, liabilities, or expenses you may incur due to any unauthorized use of your Account, and you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for any such unauthorized use. We reserve the right to create accounts for quality control and administrative purposes. Such accounts may be publicly viewable.
- Use of Services; Assumption of Risk.
The Services may not be accessed or used where prohibited by law. You understand that by accessing or using the Services, you may encounter content that may be deemed mature, offensive, indecent or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language or adult themes, and which in certain circumstances may be due to your interactions with other users or members in the course of accessing or using the Services. YOU FULLY ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSS AND RISK OF PERSONAL HARM ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, including but not limited to, any online or offline communications and personal interactions with others (such as dating). It is your responsibility to take all advisable and necessary precautions when interacting with individuals you meet or come into contact with through the Services.
- Your Additional Representations and Warranties.
You further represent and warrant to us, under penalty of perjury, as follows:
- (a) You will not provide or permit access or use of the Services, or your Account, by any minors;
- (b) Your Account information is current, complete, and accurate and you will promptly update all information to keep your Account and billing information complete and accurate upon any change (such as change of billing address, credit card number, or expiration date);
- (c) You have not and will not access or use the Services from any place or jurisdiction where such use is prohibited or contrary to applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts, or customs, and you are not a national or resident of any country which the United States has (i) embargoed goods; (ii) identified as a “Specially Designated National”; or (iii) placed on the Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders;
- (d) Your use of the Services is and will be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts, or customs;
- (e) If you establish an Account, you (i) have never been convicted of a felony; and (ii) are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity or agency; and
- (f) You are either single or separated from your spouse or domestic partner.
- (g) You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated measures to (i) access or use the Services, (ii) circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services, (iii) cause harm to us or our affiliated entities, (iv) manipulate the results or outcome of any contest, game, program, or promotion that awards Promotional Credits (defined below).
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON OUR USERS OR MEMBERS.
- Third-Party Links and Pages; Reliance on Content and Advice.
- (b) Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. We do not:(i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information through the Services, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears through the Services. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliated entities be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted through the Services or transmitted to or by any of our users or members.
- Proprietary Rights.
The content provided through the Services, including but not limited to, the text, data, software, manuscripts, graphics, photographs, music, sounds, videos, interactive features, blogs, posts, feedback, messages, tags, and other materials (collectively, "Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks") are owned by or licensed to us, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the United States and foreign laws and international conventions. All Content is provided to you solely for your information and personal, non-commercial use. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any Content other than as expressly permitted herein. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Services or Content. We or our licensors retain all intellectual and proprietary rights in and to the Services and Content, except as expressly provided herein. No right is granted to you herein to use any Marks.
- Content Provided "AS IS" Access to Content.
You understand that Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control this Content and do not guarantee its accuracy, integrity, or quality. All such Content is provided "AS IS" without representation or warranty of any kind. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you in any way for any Content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content. We claim immunity from liability to the fullest extent permitted by law, and as further provided under the Communications Decency Act, for any Content provided by third parties. Neither our actions nor any provision in these Terms is intended to waive, remove or usurp such immunity.
- Noncommercial Use.
The Services are made available for your personal, noncommercial use. You will not advertise or solicit any user or member to buy or sell any products or services through the Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk, or spam e-mail to other users or members. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user or member without their prior express consent. If you breach the terms of this subsection and/or send or post unsolicited bulk email, "spam" or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, we reserve all rights, claims, and causes of action we may have, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to, the right to seek statutory penalties for each such unsolicited communication you send through the Services.
- Personal Communications and License to Your Content; Right to Block or Remove Content.
- (b) We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to refuse to transmit or post, and to disclose, block or remove any Content, including but not limited to, Personal Content, in whole or in part, that we, in our discretion, deem to be in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to persons using the Services, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful. We retain the right, but not the obligation, to monitor all transmissions and postings of Personal Content and other materials from time to time to investigate or prevent violations of these Terms. In addition, we may also take reasonable steps, including limiting or filtering the number of emails, chat messages, or posts sent or received by a user or member.
- Your Conduct.
You further agree not to use the Services to:
- (a) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- (b) harm minors in any way or commit abuse;
- (c) impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with, including acting as an employee of, us or our affiliated entities;
- (d) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Services;
- (e) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- (f) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any person;
- (g) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "affiliate marketing codes," "link referral code," or any other form of commercial solicitation;
- (h) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, networks or telecommunications equipment;
- (i) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users or members of the Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' or members' ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- (j) interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services, including using any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;
- (k) violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, but not limited to, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- (l) provide material support or resources (or conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- (m) "stalk" or otherwise harass another person or user or member;
- (n) collect or store personal data about other users or members without their consent (including, but not limited to, through the use of scripts, bots, or web crawlers) or upload, post, email, transmit, chat, or otherwise disclose other users' or members' private information; or
- (o) disclose any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs, or email addresses in any user or member profile that you create.
- PLEASE REPORT ANY VIOLATIONS OF THIS SECTION OR THESE TERMS TO OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
- Member Interactions and Disputes.
(a) YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS AND MEMBERS OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO SCREEN OUR USERS OR MEMBERS; INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF OUR USERS OR MEMBERS, OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF OUR USERS OR MEMBERS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OR MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OR MEMBERS. IF YOU FIND OTHER USERS' OR MEMBERS' INFORMATION TO BE OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL, INACCURATE, AND/OR DECEPTIVE, YOU MAY USE THE REPORT ABUSE PAGE PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER USERS OR MEMBERS OR TO TERMINATE OR BLOCK YOU AND OTHER USERS OR MEMBERS FOR VIOLATIONS OF THESE TERMS. PLEASE ALSO USE CAUTION, COMMON SENSE, AND SAFETY WHEN USING THE SERVICES TO INTERACT WITH OTHER USERS AND MEMBERS. We further reserve the right, but have no obligation, to conduct any credit, criminal, or other background checks using publicly available records, at any time, to confirm your compliance with these Terms.
- (b) In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users or members, you hereby release us, our parent, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and ours and their shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, damages (actual and consequential), losses and liabilities of every kind or nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
- Subscription, Usage, and Foreign Transaction Fees; Promotional Credits.
(a) Subscription Fees. Certain Services are subject to subscription fees ("Subscription Fees"). These Subscription Fees are provided to you upon registration and may change from time to time. Unless otherwise indicated, Subscriptions Fees cover an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring periodic charges for subsequent periods as agreed to by you upon registration. You acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (CONFIRMED IN WRITING AT OUR REQUEST) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES APPLIED BEFORE WE CAN REASONABLY ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS, GO TO THE BILLING HISTORY PAGE.
- (b) Other Fees. Certain other Services may require you to make one-time payments or prepay certain amounts for credits, digital items, or goods that may be redeemed solely for specified Services ("Credits"). Credits, as well as unused balances as described in Section 14(c), may not be redeemed for cash and may not be returned or forfeited for a cash refund, except as may be required by applicable law. In addition, Credits and unused balances are not transferable.
- (c) Usage Fees. Certain Services may require a sufficient balance of funds in your Account against which usage or similar fees (e.g., pay per minute or pay per view) may be charged.
- (d) Foreign Transaction Fees. We may use credit card processors or banks outside the United States to process your transactions. In some instances, your bank or credit card issuer may charge you a foreign transaction or similar fee or charge. Before purchasing any Services, please check with your bank or credit card issuer for more information about its policies regarding foreign transactions and similar fees and charges.
- (e) Promotional Credits. You expressly acknowledge that any promotion that provides points, pre-recorded shows, or similar credits or benefits (collectively, "Promotional Credits") may be terminated by us at our sole discretion at any time. If you have not logged into your account in the previous 180 days or if your membership is terminated for any reason, your Promotional Credits, if any, will expire and be forfeited. Unless expressly indicated for the specific promotion, Promotional Credits have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash, converted for other Services, and/or transferred to third parties.
(a) We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to or use of the Services, without notice or liability, for any or no reason whatsoever. In addition, we may terminate your Account and any membership and/or subscription with us by sending a notice to you at the email address you provided in your application for membership, or pursuant to Section 31 below. All decisions regarding the termination of Accounts shall be made by us at our sole discretion. We are not required and may be prohibited, from disclosing to you the reason for termination of your Account, membership, or subscription.
- (b) You may terminate your Account, membership, and/or subscription with us at any time, and termination will be effective immediately upon receipt of notice in accordance with Section 31 made on the contact form.
- (c) Upon termination of these Terms for any reason, those provisions which, by their nature survive termination shall survive termination in accordance with their respective terms.
(a) In order to provide continuous service, we automatically renew all paid subscriptions for the Services on the day such subscriptions expire. Such renewals shall be (i) for a period equivalent to the period of your initial subscription to the Services or a shorter period of time if specified, and (ii) in our discretion, at the price of the same or comparable Services then in effect. In addition, we sometimes offer special promotions that have renewal periods of different duration than the original subscription term. We always communicate renewal periods to you upon confirmation of your subscription and in the body of any special promotions that have renewal periods of different duration than the original subscription term. By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that your Account will be subject to the above-described automatic renewals. In all cases, if you do not wish your Account to renew automatically, please go to the BILLING HISTORY PAGE and turn auto-renewal off.
- (b) Your non-termination or continued use of the Services reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your chosen payment provider. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to, or otherwise joined, the Services.